HP Fax Settings for VoIP
Fax over VoIP - HP Fax Machines.
HP All-in-one Printers/Fax machines are some of the most widely used all-in-one machines and typically have settings in their menu that will help with faxing over VoIP. Although not all HP machines will have the configuration choices for lowering the BAUD rate, many do and we offer some examples to guide you through these settings. Below are some HP All-In-One machines, such as the HP 6110 series and the HP 6100xi and 7410xi series machines. Again, as we stated previously, the best combination is low baud rate such as 9600 BAUD and ECM off.
- Press both the * and # keys at the same time.
- Next press 1, then 2, then 3 and select System Configuration.
- Then select R/W Parameters and press Enter.
- Next press 153, which is the parameter for sending transmission (transmit) and then Enter. (The parameter for receiving is 159.)
- Next press Cancel repeatedly until you fully exit the System Configuration menu.
Other possible instructions on HP 6110 All-In-One Printer/Fax for VoIP.
- Press Setup.
- Select Advanced Fax Setup and the press OK.
- Select Fax Speed Slow and the press OK.
- First press the * and # keys simultaneously.
- The press 1, the 2, then 3, which should bring you to a display of Service.
- Press the Right Arrow until R/W Parameters appears. Then press Enter.
- You should see parameter 0. Press 153 and the press Enter. (Parameter 153 is for outbound faxes. The parameter for receiving is 159.)
- Next Press 2, then Enter, and then back out of settings by pressing Cancel until the Date & Time once again display.