Canon Fax Settings for VoIP
Fax over VoIP - Canon All-In-Ones
Canon All-in-one Printers/Fax machines have advanced settings that allow the transmit and receive speeds to be manually set. VoIP Mechanic has put together these settings on some popular Canon All-In-One printers/fax machines. The MX340 Canon all in one fax has default settings of 33600 bps on both transmit and receive speeds and ECM enabled.
VoIP Fax settings on Canon MX340 All in one fax.
First, Canon has added a very nice feature that allows you to easily to print out the current configurations as they exist. To do this complete the following:
- With paper in the machine Press the Fax button, then press the Menu button.
- With the Fax Settings screen displayed use the right or left Arrow button and select Print reports/lists, then Press the OK button.
- Then using the right or left Arrow button select User's data list and then Press the OK button and the User's data list should print.
Settings on Canon MX340 series All-In-One Printer/Fax for VoIP.
- Using the Menu button press it repeatedly until Fax settings appears.
- Using the right or left Arrow buttons navigate to Transmission settings.
- Find ECM TX and set to disable.
- Next using the Arrow buttons find TX start speed and select 9600 bps. (You will see and * next to the selected speed.)
- Next using the right or left Arrow buttons navigate to Reception settings.
- Find ECM RX and set to disable.
- Next using the Arrow buttons find RX start speed and select 9600 bps.